What would you do to make your family bathroom feel more stylish? The decorating possibilities are endless! For starters, you can swap out the old shower curtain for a new one. Get rid of the outdated towels and create a new decorative bath mat. Or, change the light fixture with something that’s more modern.
One of the main goals for most homeowners is to create a space where they can easily relax and feel at home. One space many people neglect when decorating their homes is the bathroom. The bathroom is one of the places we use most in our day-to-day lives so it’s important to make it inviting and comfortable. It’s also an opportunity to add your own personal touch. Here are some ways you can decorate your family bathroom in style.
We previously recapped 2021 with our top bathroom trends, and biggest bathroom flops, for some further insight into decorating your home and what to do and what not do, read our recap article.
10 Ideas for Decorating Your Family Bathroom in Style
1. Add a new shower curtain – A fun and colorful design can brighten up any bathroom.
2. Replace the towels in your bathroom – Sometimes, it’s just time to freshen up your old towels. Swap them out for a fresh set that will add some style to your space as well as being comfortable and cosy for all the family to use.
3. Light a scented candle – A simple and easy way to decorate your bathroom without breaking the bank. Adding a new scent is an easy way to make your bathroom feel and smell more inviting on those cold winter days. Scented candles are an affordable way to give your space a smell you love.
However, candles aren’t always a practical option in family bathrooms with young children. For a safe and more durable option, why not try an air freshener or an essential oil diffuser? Essential oil diffusers are a great decorative purchase too, they give off a calming mist and most come with an LED light to give your space a nice ambience.
4. Alter the light fixture – Change the light fixture of your bathroom with something that reflects your personal style. For example, if you have a vintage feeling, why not replace the old fixture to add some character to your space. IF you have more of a contemporary style, how about upgrading a sleek glass design or a unique shape could be just what you need for a fresh look at home!
Family bathrooms always need hints of practicality, but when it comes to light fixtures you can go for style over practicality.
5. Add decorative tiles – Whether you want something loud and bold or something neutral, tiles are a great way to add colour and/or texture to a bathroom making it fun and inviting.
Whether you opt for a colourful mediterranean style tile or a clean monochrome look, tiles are a great way to make your bathroom look full of life and family-friendly.
6. Add texture – Adding a hint of texture makes all the difference to a fun family bathroom. uPVC wall panels are a great method of adding patterns and texture to your space in a safe and easy way. Whether you want to make your shower a main feature or create a stylish backsplash, choose from a range of patterns and effects, from marble to brick to make your bathroom a fun and eye-catching space.
7. Upgrade your taps – A simple yet effective way to decorate and upgrade your bathroom is to change your taps. Taps are one of the most used components of the bathroom, from washing hands to brushing teeth and daily washes. So why not go for a little upgrade?
Gold and brass taps are trending at the moment and are a great way to add some character to your bathroom too. For family bathrooms, make sure you go for taps that are easy to use and reach. Lever taps are a great option, crosshead taps can be hard to open and shut for small hands so the ability to lift taps on and off makes it easier for children to use the taps.
8. Replace a shower curtain with a shower partition – shower curtains are common in most family bathrooms, however, they can cause hazards. To avoid slips and falls, replace your shower curtain with a partition.
Partitions are usually made from transparent uPVC or glass that is fixed onto the bathroom wall to give a clean and modern look to your bathroom.
9. Add a pop of colour – If you’re looking to make your bathroom more exciting and child-friendly, why not go for a simple paint job. Instead of committing to painting your whole bathroom, we recommend going for a pop of colour. By simply painting your vanity, tub or a feature wall a bold colour you can completely change the look and feel of your space.
Using deep tones will also make your bathroom more warm which will be essential on cold winter days.
10. Personalised storage – For big family bathrooms, personalised storage compartments are a fun way to make a space your own. Each family member can have baskets or compartments where they can keep their bathroom essentials, toothbrushes and wash products. Unique storage ideas can also come incredibly handy for small bathroom management.
Practical Decorating Ideas for the Family Bathroom
One easy way to change the feel of your bathroom is by adding new decor. There are many options for home decoration, from pillows to towels to decorative items. Some of these items can be found online or at your local home improvement store.
Upgrading functional elements of your bathroom is an easy way to upgrade the look and feel of your bathroom. For example, a new bath mat can add some flavour to your bathroom! Not only does it add a unique look but it’s also functional. Choosing one with an interesting pattern or design will add a family feel while you take care of business in the morning or evening.
Creative Decorating Ideas for the Family Bathroom
Lights: Adding some mood lighting is a great way to create a certain ambiance in your bathroom. You can hang lights from the ceiling, under the vanity, or on the walls near the shower. You can even add in LED lights for a more modern feel.
Artwork: Wall art can be a great way to personalize your space and add some life to it. You can hang art anywhere in your bathroom, such as on the wall directly next to your sink or above your shower head. Just make sure you’re careful with installing any artwork so it doesn’t damage your walls.
Before you start decorating your family bathroom, try to think about what you want the room to be. What will your family want to do in there? Do you want it to be a fun and busy place for your children? Or are you hoping for the space to be a peaceful haven for your family’s daily rituals?